Sunday, October 3, 2010

I hate men

I'm wearing that hat again today. It's an ill-fitting cheap, red nylon baseball hat that has 'All Men Are Bastards' printed across the front in grubby white letters.

Of course I don't hate them all, I just hate some of them, or a particular type of them. Ok, ok, ok... I hate the ones that *I* attract, which of course is another way of saying that it's actually not them, it's me.

If I had a euro for every married man that has hit on me since I've been single, I'd be able to upgrade my car. And the amazing thing is that THEY DON"T SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT. The worst thing, it would appear, for a married man sniffing around a separated woman, would be to get caught by his wife. Apart from that it doesn't seem to matter to them, They often say '...but there's nothing wrong with my marriage..., I love my wife, we're very happy together.' As a male friend of mine says 'we are able to compartmentalise that sort of thing.. so what if we are cheating as long as we treat our wives well.'

The stories, the stories... soon I will write the woeful tales of my on-line dating experiences. Oh God, there's a book in there somewhere. There have been one or two nice men, and I've even made one or two good friends, but the rest of them (shakes head slowly).

2 comments:

  1. Thank you visiting my blog. I look forward to hearing your tales. Hopefully, I'll turn out not to be one of "those" men!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spencer, watch this space. And no, I very much doubt it :-)

    ReplyDelete